Personal and Professional Criteria
To be eligible for funding, you must meet the following;
- Send your application at least 5 workings days before your course start date. Applications sent retrospectively will not be accepted.
- Be actively teaching or want to start teaching in England within 1 month of completing your training as per the full bursary terms and conditions (please click here to view them).
- Be able to demonstrate how the training will increase participation, or improve the retention of current class participants within the group exercise industry.
- If you are applying for funding to complete continued professional development (CPD) training, you must hold a Level 2 Fitness Instructing, Level 2 Exercise, Movement and Dance (EMD), Level 3 Personal Trainer, or Level 3 Yoga or Pilates qualification. You must upload a copy of your certificate during the application process. If you are applying for funding towards an accepted Level 2 or Level 3 qualification you do not need to hold any prior qualifications.
If you are a Teacher and Instructor Member or graduate of EMD UK, you will be able to receive up to £125 funding towards a CPD course, or up to £175 towards a qualification (up to 50% of the course cost, whichever is least). If you are not a Teacher and Instructor Member of EMD UK, you will be able to receive up to £100 funding towards a CPD course, or up to £150 funding towards a qualification (up to 50% of the course cost, whichever is least).
Looking at doing a CPD course, but don’t hold a fitness qualification? Check out our fitness qualifications here!
The training you wish us to fund must:
- Be in a recognised fitness style and offered by one of our Pro or Accelerate organisation members.
- Be endorsed by us.
- Be for teaching or instructing purposes, not activities such as tutoring, quality assurance or mentoring.
- Take place before 31st March 2019.
- We are unable to provide funding for Level 2 Exercise to Music, Level 2 Gym, Level 2 Aqua, Level 3 Pilates, or Level 3 Personal Training qualifications.
After completing your training and to be able to become a member of EMD UK you must agree that:
- You adhere to industry regulations on the use of music in public places (e.g. PPL & PRS).
- You hold the relevant professional insurance for your activities.
- If working with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults on a regular, unsupervised basis (once a month or more), you possess an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Scheme Check (formerly known as CRB) carried out within the last 2 years.
- You hold a valid First Aid Certificate dated within the last 2 years or have adequate first aid cover in place where you teach.