Our Open Bursary significantly lowers the fee of an external training course as well as supplying you with a year’s free instructor support package *. In order to be eligible for this you’ll need to agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Once qualified, you will need to teach your new classes in England within 1 month of your completing your training.
- Once your classes are set up, you will need to let us know about them by logging them to your online profile.
- We will expect you to teach your classes for a minimum of 1 year.
*You can upgrade your package to include insurance at any time from £39
EMD UK may alter the above time periods should the teacher evidence reasonable need. If you do not meet any of the above points, you will not be reimbursed your agreed amount. If you have been reimbursed, but fail to deliver and log classes for a minimum of 1 year, you must reimburse us with the full amount of the investment made.
- There is a limit of two bursaries per person maximum (one bursary in any 12 month period) up to 1st April 2019.
- You can only apply for funding towards one course per application.
- Payment of the bursary will be made after the training is completed.
- Funding will be open in rounds, starting the first Monday of each quarter (if this falls on a Bank Holiday, the round will open on the next working day). Once the funding has been allocated for that round, the funding will be closed until the first Monday of the next quarter.
If you are a Teacher and Instructor Member or graduate of EMD UK, you will be able to receive up to £125 funding towards a CPD course, or up to £175 towards a qualification (up to 50% of the course cost, whichever is least). If you are not a Teacher and Instructor Member of EMD UK, you will be able to receive up to £100 funding towards a CPD course, or up to £150 funding towards a qualification (up to 50% of the course cost, whichever is least).