Who is this for?
- Personal trainers looking to teach boot camps
- Instructors looking to add group training classes, such as HIIT, to their timetable
- Aspiring instructors with a passion for training protocols such as AMRAP and EMOM
- All of our training courses are flexible and adapt around your busy lifestyle.
- Study at home and at your own pace with approx. four week’s online learning
- Complete four practical course days with a professional trainer
- You’ll be assessed via worksheets completed throughout the course, one multiple choice theory exam and a practical assessment.
- You will need to complete/attend 100% of the course to pass
As a Group Trainer, there are a range of opportunities available to you:
- Use your knowledge and skills to set up your own group exercise classes. Think Bootcamp, HIIT, Core, Strength and Conditioning, Boxing, Circuits and your own fusion classes.
- Take additional training to teach existing concepts, such as Boxercise
- Continue your education and qualify to be a Personal Trainer.
As the national governing body for group exercise, EMD UK are passionate about ensuring all group exercise instructors are trained to the highest standards in the disciplines relevant to their interests. We have identified that the Level 2 Exercise to Music does not suit a wide range of current group exercise styles. The new Level 2 Group Training qualification, written in partnership between Active IQ and EMD UK, focuses on coaching classes that do not move in time to the music and offer a range of exercises in one class.
Getting your career moving faster
With many fitness instructors and personal trainers being self-employed, it’s important they have the right tools and support to set them up in their career.
You might be a personal trainer with fantastic technical knowledge and already possess the skill to teach on a one to one basis. Showcasing your talents to a wider audience in a group environment can support your client base and this course will set you up to succeed by teaching you the very different ways of communicating and inspiring effectively to small groups of 4 – 6 or large group of over 50 participants.
*Our support doesn’t end when you qualify. With EMD UK, a year’s full insurance is included in your qualification so you can start teaching faster. You’ll also get support from our instructor support team, online business and session resources, brand discounts and more.
Our next Group Training courses will be scheduled soon, so if you let us have your contact details we will notify you as soon as they become available
Call us on 01403 266000 or email us at email@example.com to start your career as a Group Training Instructor.
All of our qualifications are awarded by Active IQ and endorsed by both PD:Approval and CIMSPA. You can rest assured that our courses are delivered to the highest standard, meeting quality assurance standards.