Call us on 01403 266000, Email firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp on 07715 081640 to start your career as a Group Training Instructor.
Who is this for?
- Personal trainers looking to teach boot camps
- Instructors looking to add group training classes, such as HIIT, to their timetable
- Aspiring instructors with a passion for training protocols such as AMRAP and EMOM
- All of our training courses are flexible and adapt around your busy lifestyle.
- Study at home and at your own pace with approx. four week’s online learning
- Complete four practical course days with a professional trainer at one of our training venues.
- You’ll be assessed via worksheets completed throughout the course, two multiple choice theory papers and a practical assessment.
- You will need to complete/attend 100% of the course to pass
Be one of the first instructors in the UK to be a Group Trainer
As the national governing body for group exercise, EMD UK are passionate about ensuring all group exercise instructors are trained to the highest standards in the disciplines relevant to their interests. We have identified that the Level 2 Exercise to Music does not suit a wide range of current group exercise styles. The new Level 2 Group Training qualification, written in partnership between Active IQ and EMD UK, focuses on coaching classes that do not move in time to the music and offer a range of exercises in one class.
Getting your career moving faster
With many fitness instructors and personal trainers being self-employed, it’s important they have the right tools and support to set them up in their career.
You might be a personal trainer with fantastic technical knowledge and already possess the skill to teach on a one to one basis. Showcasing your talents to a wider audience in a group environment can support your client base and this course will set you up to succeed by teaching you the very different ways of communicating and inspiring effectively to small groups of 4 – 6 or large group of over 50 participants.
*Our support doesn’t end when you qualify. With EMD UK, a year’s full insurance is included in your qualification so you can start teaching faster. You’ll also get support from our instructor support team, online business and session resources, brand discounts and more.
As a Group Trainer, there are a range of opportunities available to you:
- Use your knowledge and skills to set up your own group exercise classes. Think Bootcamp, HIIT, Core, Strength and Conditioning, Boxing, Circuits and your own fusion classes.
- Take additional training to teach existing concepts, such as Rabble, Boxercise, and indoor group cycling
- Upgrade your qualification and take the Group Training to Music modules to teach classes that flow ‘to the beat’.
- Continue your education and qualify to be a Personal Trainer.