The purpose of this qualification is to provide learners with an understanding and awareness of mental health, common mental health disorders and issues, help reduce stigma and discrimination and encourage people to talk about mental health. Furthermore, the qualification should provide learners with the ability to apply their knowledge of mental health through recognising and responding to the signs of mental ill health in themselves and others and be able to offer mental health first aid to people experiencing mental ill health.
Who is this for?
- Anyone wishing to improve their knowledge and awareness of mental health and mental health first aid.
- All our training courses are flexible and adapt around your busy lifestyle.
- Study at home and at your own pace
- Delivered over 15 hours
- Consists of two units and our ‘First Aid’ unit sets this Active IQ qualification apart from others in the market.
- This qualification is taught and assessed via e-learning with an online worksheet and case study via E-assessment.
- This qualification may also provide progression on to qualifications related to careers in mental health, health and social care, counselling, or psychology.
- Use your knowledge and skills to set up your own mental health support network.
- Continue your education and qualify to be a Group Exercise Instructor.