Dance the Distance® offers instructors the chance to build their own event and raise money for their chosen charity. It’s a great way to attract new people to your classes and keep regular participants engaged.
Dance the Distance® is a product of EMD UK, the national governing body for group exercise in the UK. With the boom in recent years of running events as a way of raising vital charity funds, EMD UK identified the need to provide alternatives for those who wouldn’t naturally choose to run and would rather dance! The aim is to get more people enjoying group exercise whilst raising money for a range of good causes.
How does it work?
You can expect to be on the move for just over an hour with several breaks and rest stops. The 5km is broken down into single kilometre blocks and you celebrate each one in style! There is a variety of dance moves and music throughout – something for everyone from classic dance-floor fillers, through the decades and up to the present day.
*Entry fee for any Dance the Distance® events is £10 per person.
Be one of the first Dance the Distance® instructors in the UK!
Instructor pack contents:
- Dance the Distance® instructor top
- Event music CD playlist including PPL cover*
- Event format, choreography notes & videos
- Marketing and social media templates
- Event and fundraising guides
- Membership to EMD UK
- Annual licence to deliver Dance the Distance® events
- Event booking and payment system*
- Promotion of your event by EMD UK.
*Registered Dance the Distance® classes only
Terms and Conditions
- Dance the Distance® can only be delivered by licenced instructors
- All material is trademarked and protected and is strictly for use by licenced instructors only. Sharing or selling is strictly prohibited under copyright law.
- All Dance the Distance® events must be registered with EMD UK
- Instructors must meet the EMD UK membership criteria (available at point of purchase)