EMD UK is looking to appoint two non-executive board directors to lead and guide the delivery of our Finance Strategy and our Digital Strategy.
EMD UK is entering an exciting phase of development involving a new Chair of the Board, a new Chief Executive, refreshed strategic goals and a new supportive staff structure.
In this role, you’ll have the chance to make a real difference to both the fitness industry and our organisation. From helping us drive a culture of high-performance to objectively measuring impact, your guidance will be an integral part of our growth.
The key responsibilities of a director (jointly with other directors) are:
- To ensure that the organisation has a clear vision and strategic direction and is focused on achieving these.
- To be responsible for the overall performance of the organisation and for its culture and ethos.
- To ensure that the organisation complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- To act as a guardian of the organisation’s assets, both tangible and intangible, taking all due care over their security, deployment and proper application.
- To ensure that the organisation’s governance and probity is of the highest possible standard.
Candidate profile at a glance
- A high level of objectivity and independent judgement
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Demonstrated experience in Finance and/or Digital
- Experience of working in a not-for-profit or grant funded environment
- A commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
Find full candidate profile in our application pack below.
Terms of appointment
Directors can serve up to two four-year terms.
The time commitment is up to one day per month after the induction period, including attendance at four Board meetings a year.
The Finance sub-committee also meets four times a year. Other sub committees meet on a project basis.
Meetings are held in London, Horsham or online. Expenses are paid in accordance with EMD UK’s expense policy.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV, a covering letter, and our EDI monitoring form (found in the download link below) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an informal chat about these opportunities call Julie Evans (Independent Director) on 07729 697508.
The deadline for submission is 28th April 2023