Get funded support for the career you love with the EMD UK Pro Funded Bursary.
The EMD UK PRO funded bursary has been created to support instructors from underrepresented groups. The aims are:
- To help instructors continue their teaching to communities.
- To support instructor to boost their careers.
The bursary will provide some financial relief to instructors, and also give them upskill and learning opportunities.
What does the PRO funded bursary include?
The PRO funded bursary gives instructors access to the benefits of our PRO membership at no cost to them.
EMD UK PRO membership has been designed to support the professional recognition of group exercise instructors. With a range of benefits aimed at upskilling passionate, qualified instructors, PRO membership is the ideal choice for fitness professionals looking to develop their career.
PRO membership benefits includes:
- A certificate of professional recognition from your national governing body for group exercise
- Access to a range of discounts including PPL credits
- Access to an instructor wellness hub
- Priority access to events, including EMD UK Instructor Revolution: Specialised Populations in Group Exercise
- A library of over 240 resources
Who is eligible?
To apply, instructors must meet one or more of the following criteria.
- The instructor identifies with one (or more) of the following groups:
- Individuals from lower socio-economic groups (LSEG)*
- Individuals from diverse ethnic communities
- Individuals who have a disability
- Individuals who have long term health conditions.
- The instructor must obtain a Level 2 qualification or equivalent qualification within their scope of practice.
- The instructor must actively be teaching classes in England.
Please note: As this bursary is supported by Sport England, we are currently unable to accept applications from instructors teaching outside of England.
*LSEG applications will be checked against the given postcode.
Full bursary terms and conditions can be found here.
What is the application process?
To apply, simply fill in the below form.
All applications will be reviewed by our and successful applicants will be notified within three working days.