EMD UK Privacy Notice
EMD UK store and process the personal data that you provide to send you updates about group exercise activities/products/opportunities and/or to deliver the service that you require.
Your personal data
Below we have set out the types of information we hold about you and how we use your information.
- Personal and contact details, your date of birth, gender and/or age;
- Records of your contact with us;
- Details of products and services you hold or have held, as well as your use of them;
- Marketing information, including records of marketing communications, details of what you may be interested in, analysis and profiles we build up about you and your interests, and whether you open or read communications or links;
- Your marital status, family, lifestyle or social circumstances;
- Details of your usage of any of our websites or apps, details of your phone and its software (e.g. browser and set up information), browsing history, and other details obtained via cookies or similar technologies.
Reasons for holding and using your personal data
The reasons for using your personal data are below. We have arranged them according to the legal reason we are allowed to use the data.
- To provide you with our products or services or decide whether to do so:
- Communicating with you and holding records about our dealings and interactions with you
- To manage the operation of our business
- To make automated decisions, including profiling, on whether to offer you a product or service
- For our legitimate interests or those of others:
- To develop our products or services using the information we hold;
- To continually develop, improve and manage our products and services;
- To provide personalised content and services to you, such as tailoring our products and services, our digital customer experience and offerings, and deciding which offers or promotions to show you on our digital channels;
- To test and improve the performance of our products, services, processes and systems;
- To improve the operation of our business – for example, by improving customer service and operational performance and efficiency;
- To develop new products and services, and to review and improve current products and services;
- To monitor and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff;
- For marketing analysis and related profiling to help us offer you relevant products and services, including deciding whether or not to offer you certain products and services;
- To understand our customers, their use of our products, their preferences and develop models, including developing profiles, algorithms and statistical models;
- To send marketing by SMS, email, phone, social media and digital channels (e.g. using Facebook Custom Audiences and Google Custom Match). Offers may relate to any of our products and services;
- To provide insight and analysis of our customers both for ourselves and business partners;
- For market research, profiling, and analysis and developing statistics;
- To comply with our legal obligations such as our financial services or regulatory obligations
EMD UK will continue to contact you until such as time as you ask for your account to be deleted/details to be erased. You will have the option to opt out of these communications at any time. EMD UK will never hold your personal details on record for more than 3 years without giving you the ability to ask for them to be erased. EMD UK will store any personal data linked to financial records for a 6-year period. HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) have the right to inspect financial information relating to the previous 6 years and require all trading entities to keep financial records for this length of time.
All data you provide to us is stored on secure servers and/or locked away. Data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data but cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We do not store financial details.
You may request details of personal data which we hold about you. ‘EMD UK’ is a trading name of Exercise Movement and Dance Partnership Ltd who are the data controllers and can be contacted on 01403 266000 or email@example.com. You will be given the option to ‘unsubscribe’ from any newsletters/bulk communications that you receive. You can raise a concern about our information rights practices here www.ico.org.uk/concerns or by calling 03031231113.
EMD UK may change this privacy information from time to time. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
You can change your preferences at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
EMD UK 15/02/2022