As a national governing body, we pride ourselves in our transparency and upholding the highest standards across our work. Below you can find more information about our governance, policies and procedures, and other helpful downloads.
At EMD UK, we want all children and young people to have a positive, safe and enjoyable experience when taking part in group exercise. We also strive to ensure that all staff, teachers and volunteers are clear on what is expected of them when engaging with young people and that best practice is central to all group exercise activities.
Find more on our safeguarding practices and get yourself clued up here.
- EMD UK Annual Governance Statement 2021-2022
- EMD UK stats 2021-22
- EMD UK Strategy 2022-2027 – Full document
- EMD UK Strategy 2022-2027 – Summary
- Articles of Association
- Nominations Committee Terms of Reference
- Finance and Audit Committee Terms of Reference
- Code of Conduct for Directors
- EMD UK Annual Governance Statement 2020-2021
Board of directors
- Nigel Wallace – EMD UK Chair
- Julie Evans – Senior Independent Director
- Pete Fullard – Independent Director
- Salah Mirza – Independent Director
- Simon Campbell – Independent Director
- Paul Szumilewicz – Independent Director
- Lynette Eaborn – Independent Director
- Born Barikor – Independent Director
- Gill Cummings-Bell – Independent Director
- Sarah Durnford – Independent Director
- Barbara Rose – Director
- Marcus Kingwell – CEO of EMD UK
As the national governing body for group exercise, we strive to give every instructor and customer the best service possible.
Equality and Diversity
Equality within EMD UK is all about fairness, equality of access, recognising inequalities and taking steps to address them. It is about changing the culture and structure of physical activity and sport to ensure that it becomes equally accessible to all members of society, whatever their age, ability, gender, race, ethnicity, sexuality or socio-economic status. EMD UK is committed to achieving gender parity and even greater diversity on its Board in order to lead by example when providing equitable guidance and governance to its member organisations.