Our Funded Membership Bursary allows anyone from one of our four priority groups to gain a funded membership with EMD UK. In order to be eligible for this you will need to agree to the following terms and conditions:
Personal and Professional Criteria
To be eligible for funding, you must meet the following criteria:
- The instructor identifies with one (or more) of the following groups:
- Individuals from lower socio-economic groups (LSEG)*
- Individuals from diverse ethnic communities
- Individuals who have a disability
- Individuals who have long term health conditions.
- The instructor must obtain a Level 2 qualification or equivalent qualification within their scope of practice.
- The instructor must actively be teaching classes in England.
Please note: As this bursary is supported by Sport England, we are currently unable to accept applications from instructors teaching outside of England.
*LSEG applications will be checked against the given postcode.
- You must upload a copy of your certificate as part of the application process.
After completing your application and to be able to become a PRO member of EMD UK you must agree that:
- You will adhere to industry regulations on the use of music in public places (eg PPL & PRS).
- You will adhere to government guidance issued with regards group exercise.
- You will hold the relevant professional insurance for your activities and provide us with evidence of such insurance
- If you are working with children, young people, and/or vulnerable adults on a regular, unsupervised basis (once a month or more), you possess an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Scheme Check carried out within the last 2 years.
- You will abide by EMD UK’s Code of Conduct.
- Limited to one application per person
- Once you’ve applied, your application will be processed within 72 hours.
- Once you’re accepted, you will automatically be enrolled onto a PRO membership for 12 months and you will receive an email to welcome you.
- You must apply your funded membership bursary before the expiry date set by EMD UK. You will be advised of this date if your application is successful.
EMD UK reserve the right to amend the Open Bursary eligibility Terms and Conditions at any point without prior notice. Funding is subject to availability.