PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
If you order a free trial for classfinder services, these Ts & Cs will also govern your use during the free trial.
- INFORMATION ABOUT US
The Website is a site operated by EMDP Ltd (trading as EMD UK). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 05842539 and with our registered office at Ground Floor, 1/7 Station Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 1HT1
Our main trading address is 14 Graylands Estate, Langhurstwood Road. Horsham, West Sussex, RH12 4QD
- General Terms
These Terms and Conditions govern the sale and provision of the Services by us and will form the basis of the contract between us and you. Before registering, please ensure that you have read these Terms and Conditions carefully. By doing so and using classfinders website, you accept these Ts & Cs in full; accordingly, if you disagree with these Ts & Cs or any part of these Ts & Cs, you must not use classfinders website or services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use the classfinder website; by using classfinder website or agreeing to these t’s & c’s, you warrant and represent that you are at least 18 years of age.
If you are entering into these Ts & Cs on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you warrant and represent that you have the authority to bind such entity to these Ts & Cs, in which case the terms “you” or “your” shall refer to such entity. If you do not have such authority, you must not accept these Ts & Cs and may not use the services.
- You hold the appropriate qualifications / have attended the relevant training for the activities you teach
- Where required, you hold the appropriate licence or membership to deliver the activities you teach
- You hold the relevant professional insurance for your activities
- If working with children, young people and/or adults at risk on a regular, unsupervised basis (once a month or more), you possess an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Scheme Check carried out within the last 3 years
- You hold a valid First Aid Certificate dated within the last 2 years or have adequate first aid cover in place where you teach
- You are a UK resident
- You have obtained all necessary consents and permissions to register with classfinder
- You have obtained all necessary consents and permissions to submit the content uploaded to classfinder
- You assume sole responsibility for checking the accuracy and completeness of any information and materials submitted via classfinder
- All information and documentation submitted to classfinder is true and accurate to the best of your knowledge
- We may, at our sole discretion, request to see supporting evidence of any information submitted by you, but we are under no obligation to verify the accuracy and completeness of your content and any data contained therein. If, in our reasonable opinion, we consider any content to be inaccurate and/or incomplete, or in breach of the terms and conditions, we reserve the right to reject such content and suspend or withdraw (as we may elect in our sole discretion) your registration with classfinder.
After signing up to classfinder, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your registration and informing you about these terms.
We shall ensure that the following information is given or made available to you prior to the formation of the contract between us:
- Services which we will be providing.
- Our identity and contact details for the Services.
- The total price for the Services.
- Arrangements for payments.
- Our complaints handling policy, and, the duration of the contract where applicable or, if the contract is of indeterminate duration or is to be extended automatically, the conditions for terminating the contract.
you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions which shall prevail over any inconsistent terms or conditions contained or referred to in any other documents.
- Free Trial
If you register for a free trial, classfinder will provide you with access to a paid plan on a trial basis free of charge until the earlier of (a) the end of the 14-day free trial period, or (b) the start date of a Free Plan or a Paid Service ordered by you using the Account Dashboard (“Free Trial”). On the expiration of the 14-day free trial period your subscription to a Free Trial will automatically convert to the Free Plan unless you have purchased a Paid Service.
- 4. Fees
You shall pay the fees to classfinder in accordance with these Ts & Cs. The Free Trial and Free Plan packages are free of charge. The current prices for the paid packages are stated on the classfinder website. By ordering a Paid package you agree to pay EMD UK the annual or monthly subscription fee indicated for that package.
The fees will be calculated based on which paid package you ordered and length of the subscription.
You must pay the fees by debit/credit card or by direct debit. Unless otherwise agreed by the Parties the subscription fees will be payable in advance on the first day of each subscription period. If you do not cancel your account or downgrade to the Free Plan before the next due date of your subscription fee, classfinder will automatically charge the then-applicable periodic subscription fee using the payment method you provided to classfinder. classfinder will not issue refunds for annual memberships
If the payment method you provided to classfinder is invalid or if the charge is refused for any other reason outside of classfinders control, and you fail to provide classfinder with a new eligible payment method within 10 days from classfinders first attempt to charge the subscription fee, your account will be automatically downgraded to a free plan.
- CONTENT STANDARDS POLICY
- Prohibited uses
You may use classfinder only for lawful purposes. You may not use classfinder:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national, or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm anybody in any way.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- Content standards
These Content Standards apply to all material which you upload to classfinder.
All content must:
- be accurate (where it states facts)
- comply with the law applicable in the UK
All content must not:
- be defamatory of any person;
- be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be in contempt of court;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse;
- PROVIDING THE SERVICE
- As required by Law we will provide the Services with reasonable skill and care, consistent with best practices and standards, and in accordance with any information provided by us about the Services and about us.
- We will make every reasonable effort to provide the Services on time but will not be responsible for any delays if the event is outside our control
- If we require any information or action from you to provide the Services, we will inform you of this as soon as reasonably possible. If the information or action required of you under this sub clause is delayed, incomplete or otherwise incorrect, we will not be responsible for any delay caused as a result
- In certain circumstances for example where we encounter a technical problem, we may need to suspend the Services in order to resolve the issue. Unless the issue is an emergency and requires immediate attention, we will inform you in advance in writing before suspending the Services.
- If the Services are suspended under the above clause, you will not be required to pay for them during the period of suspension.
- We always use reasonable efforts to ensure that our provision of our Services is trouble free, if however, there is a problem with the Services we request that you inform us as soon as reasonably possible, and we will use reasonable efforts to remedy problems with the Services as quickly as is reasonably possible and practical.
- We will not charge you for remedying problems under this clause where the problems have been caused by us, any of our agents or employees or sub-contractors or where nobody is at fault.
- LEGAL RIGHTS
- As a consumer you have certain legal rights with respect to the purchase of the Services under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 and the Consumer Rights Act 2015. For details of your legal rights and guidance on exercising them it is recommended that you contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office
- Notification of queries or complaints must be made to EMD UK in writing within 7 days of receipt of the Service and/or invoice whichever is the later. For full information on our complaints procedure: https://emduk.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/EMD-UK-Complaints-Procedure-April-2020.pdf
- Any indulgence, relaxation, or non-enforcement by EMD UK of EMD UK’s rights under these terms and conditions shall not act as a waiver of and shall be without prejudice to those rights.
- If any Court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these terms and conditions are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- A person who is not a party to the agreement made between you and EMD UK has no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 in respect of such agreement and/or these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by construed and enforced in all respects in accordance with English Law and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- For clarification on any of the terms and conditions, please email email@example.com