Bursaries, Funding and Payment Plans
At EMD UK, we understand that keeping on top of training fees can be tricky, that’s why we provide instructors with a range of different bursaries, funding and payment options.
Check out what financial support we offer below and see how we can help you take your career to the next level.
Paying for Our Courses
Passionate about getting others active? Great, so are we! Thanks to investment from Sport England, we make a generous contribution towards your course fee if you agree to help us get more people enjoying group exercise.
Our training bursary significantly lowers your training fee as well as supplying you with a year’s free instructor support and insurance package. In order to be eligible for this you’ll need to meet the following requirements:
- Once qualified, you will need to teach your new classes in England within 3 months of your Level 2 course and 6 months of your Level 3* course.
- Once your classes are set up, you will need to let us know about them by logging them to your online profile.
- We will expect you to teach your classes for a MINIMUM of 1 year
* Level 3 teachers will be required to affiliate to their chosen discipline and to deliver membership classes and to promote full membership within all private classes.
If you do not manage to complete your training course or organise retakes within 6 months of the course finish date or meet any of the above points, you will have to reimburse us with the full amount of the investment made.
Flexible Payment Options
We offer have flexible payment options to take the stress out of starting your career.
Choose the best payment plan to suit you:
- Pay the full amount at the time of booking
- Pay the £100 deposit at the time of booking, and the remaining amount 1 calendar month before your course dates
- Pay the £100 deposit at the time of booking, followed by the remaining payment over 5 monthly instalments*
*This option includes a built in admin fee of £50
Paying for Other Courses
We offer financial support to passionate fitness teachers and instructors hoping to develop their career in the fitness industry. The Open Bursary is available to anyone wanting to take a course or continuing professional development (CPD) through one of our organisation members.
You can apply for up to £125 funding towards group exercise short courses and up to £175 for qualifications. We will pay up to this amount, or 50% of the cost (whichever is lower). Please note, the training must be provided by one of our member organisations and be endorsed by us.
You can use the Open Bursary in addition to other funding you may have found – government grants or coaching bursaries from your local County Sports Partnership, for example.
Lots of financial support is out there for passionate people like you. We like to keep up to date with what’s available to save you some time hunting around.